------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Year Gone By

Since we will be celebrating the coming of the New Year at the equator, I wanted to take a look back at the year in knitting - what came off the needles and what I learned.

For me, 2007 was the year of the socks. I knit quite a few! I challenged myself with pattern - both colorwork and texture. I also learned that I should stick to solid yarns...

2007 Socks
Many of these have been gifted, but a bunch do remain in my sock drawer and have seen heavy rotation these past few cold weeks!

Sweaters were fewer and further between. I was really obsessed with socks it seemed like. They are small, portable and quicker to complete. With all the dog shows and traveling, they seemed like a better match. I did manage to complete three sweaters though.
2007 Sweaters
The first and last - the Urban Aran and Street Smart Hoodie - were both heavily modified. I made the Aran into a half zip - it gets a lot more wear than it would as a straight pullover. The hoodie I made into a pullover. I'm just not really a cardi kind of girl. It also has gotten a bunch of wear. Licorice Whip (center) is one of my most worn sweaters to date. It is just plain comfy. The more sweaters I knit, the more I am learning what I like and don't like as well as how to fit them to me best. I hope to knit at least that many next year, as well as one for hubby.

As we jet off tomorrow, I want to thank everyone for reading - I love "getting to know" each and every one of you. See you next year!!