------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Yes, More Sock Stuff!

I finished toe up sock #1!!

I just kind of winged it and did the length until I thought it was good, then added about an inch of K1P1 ribbing. It is a touch big on me, so it should fit Dad perfectly! I cast on for sock #2 right away - didn't want the temptation of my new sock yarn drawing me in!

More goodies came in the mail yesterday!

A 1 pound cone of Henry's Attic Kona Superwash! It is so soft! Now, I only have to figure out how to divide it up and colors to dye it! I'm hoping I can get three pairs of socks out of it - it is 1120 yards, so about 374 yards each, and a little over 5 ounces. I'll have to query some boards and see what they say. I may wait to dye it until after Maryland Sheep and Wool (have you seen the new logo - too cute!) as we are thinking of getting some dyes there.

On to sock #2!