------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, September 19, 2005

On to the front

I made a bunch of progress while sitting in the car on the ride to New Jersey this weekend. The back of Hope is now complete and I have about 35 rows of the front done!



I ended up not casting off the shoulders, but just putting them on holders in hoping for a 3 needle bind off after it's done. We'll see!

This cardigan really caught my eye (zoom in on the picture for more detail) - It's really simple, but for some reason it appeals to me. The price, however, does not. $318!! Crazy! It is such a simple design, I think I could do it no problem. It looks like stockinette for most, then some ribbing and reverse stockinette. That part may be knit sideways then grafted on or something. Anyway, something to keep in mind when I'm bored and need something new to knit (that will be a long way off!) Here is a shot of the physical catalog photo (excuse the glare):













My friend Heather and I swatched for the Red Planet Cardi and it's looking like a gauge of 3/1" is perfecto! This will be a quick knit!